So what IS the Guitar Freedom Formula, and why does it exist?
When I was learning guitar, I always wanted to be able to just pick up the guitar and play whatever I wanted...
From improvising to jamming to learning songs and writing my own songs...
I wanted to have freedom on guitar.
But after years of trying YouTube, books, courses, teachers, and other methods... getting frustrated... and not getting to where I wanted to go...
I realized there was something "missing"... something that should have filled in all those "gaps" and "holes"... and connect it all together.
Eventually I was able to connect the dots...
And today, after 22 years of playing and teaching professionally in my own guitar school... and helping thousands of students from "average Joes" to Music Theory Graduates to a Guitarist with 55 years of experience, and even a Broadway Performer...
I've found that there are only 5 main skills you need to develop in order to be able to play virtually anything you want on guitar.
1. Framework - how to know how to hit all the right notes in any key - without having to think about it.
2. Phrasing - how to make those notes sound "alive" and "vibrant" - like real music (instead of dull, lifeless, and "mechanical" like scales or practicing).
3. Fitness - how to get your fingers "in shape" to easily stretch and bend to any position you want (instead of stumbling, muting notes, or struggling to contort your fingers into awkward positions).
4. Harmony - how to know how chords work, so you can play any chord, anywhere on the neck (and know exactly what you're doing).
5. Rhythm - not "rhythm guitar", but how to increase your BODY's ability to FEEL and play any rhythm in any style - so that whether you play chords, lead guitar, fingerpicking, or whatever else, your playing always "fits" into the music.
When you add these skills together...
You progressively increase your ability to play anything you want on guitar...
That's WHY it's called the "Guitar Freedom Formula"...
... and why I built the Guitar Freedom Formula training platform specifically for guitar players who want to have this kind of "freedom" on guitar.
Inside the platform, under each of these "skill categories", I've created a series of courses that build on each other in a sequential order...
So you develop each one of these skill areas in an easy, step-by-step way...
All at your own pace.
First, let's talk about the "foundation" of seeing the "big picture" on guitar, knowing what you're doing, being able to play up and down the fretboard, and becoming a "musician" instead of just a guitar player...
And that's a course called Guitar Grid Mastery.
This course is the "masterclass" that allows you to play all across the guitar neck in any key (major, minor, or modal) using just 3 simple repeating patterns.
This system of 3 repeating patterns is what I call the "Freedom Key System."
The "roadmap" you learn in Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery is also the foundation for explaining the "why" behind everything else in music - from how chords work, to how to solo and improvise and jam in any key, to writing songs, knowing all the right chords, and even playing by ear.
When you complete these lessons, you will be able to hit every single right note anywhere on the guitar neck in any key - guaranteed.
And even though Guitar Grid Mastery is a long, thorough course with over 37 in-depth video lessons (all with written action steps - so you know exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to move on)...
The Guitar Freedom Formula is not one course, but a "training platform" with TWELVE (12) full courses (which includes Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery), and many more courses being added in the coming weeks and months. Which means when you join, you also get access to every new course that becomes available in the future.
Here are the courses that are available right now, along with brief descriptions of each course:
1. Guitar Grid Mastery - By the end of Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery, you’ll be able to pick up your guitar and hit every single “right” note, anywhere on the guitar neck, in any Major or Minor or Modal key. And you’ll discover how this is possible through a proprietary method called “The Freedom Key System” - which “unlocks” the entire fretboard using just 3 simple, repeating patterns (in addition to the “7 feelings.”) By the end, you’ll also have the “foundation” which explains everything you can possibly play on your guitar. (In other words, it reveals the “why” behind nearly every scale, every chord, every solo, and every song you could ever want to play). And it’s this foundation that I consider to be the beginning of being a “real” musician. ($150 value)
2. Irresistible Phrasing 101 - By the end of Irresistible Phrasing 101, you’ll be able to “shape” every note and chord you play so that it sounds “alive”, expressive and musical, instead of dull, lifeless, boring, or mechanical. So you can express great-sounding “musical sentences” (called phrases), which actually have real meaning, depth, and soul, instead of sounding like “practicing”, scales, or just a bunch of notes. ($125 Value)
3. The Greatest Musical Ideas Of All Time From The World’s Best Guitar Players - In this course, you’ll see how the greats - such as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and many others - applied the exact same musical fundamentals you’ll discover in Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery and Irresistible Phrasing 101, to create some of the most famous musical ideas of all time. And by the end, you’ll be able to play these same musical ideas yourself, as well as create fantastic sounding musical ideas of your own. ($100 Value)
4. How To Know All The Right Chords - The foundation you’ll discover inside Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery makes it brain-dead-simple to know (and play) the right chords in any major or minor key - without memorizing notes. And by the end of this course, you’ll be able to pick up your guitar and jam with other musicians at any time without ever feeling lost, write your own chord progressions in 10 seconds or less - simply by picking a key and listing a handful of numbers - and even use these chord progressions to write your own songs, without ever having to study complicated theory like the “circle of 5ths.” ($90 Value)
5. Effortless Bar Chords - When you follow all the steps in this course, then by the end, you’ll be able to play ANY major or minor bar chord, anywhere on the guitar neck - all while it feels easier than you thought it could be. If you’ve ever struggled with bar chords, then this may seem impossible to you right now. However, as you work your way through the actions steps and exercises in this course, in the order they are laid out for you, just watch as your hand progressively transforms into a bar chord machine - where it looks and feels like you've been playing them your whole life. ($110 Value)
6. Bulletproof Rhythm 101 - Surprisingly to most students, real musicians agree that the #1 skill in music is rhythm. And no, that doesn’t mean just strumming chords, like playing “rhythm” guitar. It means increasing your BODY’S ability to FEEL different types of rhythmic grooves, and being able to “play” them at any time. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing lead guitar, strumming chords, or even just “tapping” the body of your guitar along with the beat. If your RHYTHM is sloppy, then you’ll never sound like a real musician - no matter what you’re playing. By the end of this course, your playing will take on a whole new dimension - where every chord or note you play feels easier and sounds better - as you find yourself with an arsenal of new rhythm skills, for your playing to be unique and expressive every time you pick up your guitar. ($120 Value)
7. Unlimited Dexterity - Ever wondered how the pros make it look so easy? About half of it is what you’ll discover in Ultimate Guitar Grid Mastery. And the other half comes down to dexterity - or your finger’s ability to move and stretch easily. But don’t be fooled. Dexterity on guitar doesn’t come naturally. In the same way football players train their bodies to perform their best on the field, professional guitar players train their hands and fingers to perform their best on the fretboard. By the end of this course, provided you complete ALL the exercises in the order I lay them out for you, then your fingers will float across the fretboard - making even the biggest stretches and those “hard-to-make” chords shapes - easier and with less effort than you may have ever thought possible for you. ($80 Value)
8. No Nonsense Notes - Most guitar players know you should “know your notes” on the fretboard. But memorizing all those notes can be quite a task. What if you could mentally “eliminate” 41.6% of those notes, yet still know ALL the notes across the neck at a glance? The easy and fun exercises in this course “tattoo” the names of the notes on the visual part of your brain, so it’s not possible NOT to “see” the notes all across the fretboard. ($75 Value)
9. Perfect Practice Principles - Every time you pick up your guitar, you’re either getting better or worse. There’s no in between. And the fact is, most guitar players practice bad habits that severely limit their ability (mostly without even knowing it) which only gets harder to correct as you get older. When you follow these 10 practice principles, it will be impossible for you NOT to make progress - every single time you pick up your guitar - simply due to the law of cause and effect. Getting better is not about “talent.” It’s about doing the things that make you better - or not. So what do you choose - better? Or worse? ($85 Value)
10. Pentatonic Fluency - Any guitar player who’s serious about their progress will probably come across the pentatonic scale at some point. And usually short after, that’s when they get stuck. That’s because the Pentatonic scale is literally missing TWO critical pieces of the puzzle - which makes it impossible to see the “big picture” on guitar. By the end of this course, you’ll have “free rein” over the fretboard - where you’ll be able to play pentatonic scales anywhere up and down the entire guitar neck, in any key, without getting “stuck” in boxes. All by using just TWO simple patterns which repeat over and over - as if you had an infinite fretboard. (This even works on 7, 8 and 9 string guitars too). ($140 Value).
11. How To Play Anything By Ear - The #1 most important skill in music - regardless of if you're playing lead guitar, playing chords, or soloing, improvising, and jamming - is being able to "hear" your way around the fretboard - so you can stop "thinking." In "How To Play Anything By Ear", we'll develop your ear, step-by-step, to be able to hear each of the 7 "sounds" used in the vast majority of songs, as well as the 7 "feelings" these sounds produce. Since these same 7 sounds repeat all across the guitar neck - and that's all there is - you'll discover how it's possible to play the "sounds" you want, anywhere across the fretboard, simply by "hearing your way around". You'll also be able to transfer the sounds you hear in you head, to the fretboard, and even learn new material, simply by listening. ($100 Value)
12. Total Modal Mastery - A "mode" is simply a different "mood" that you can play on your guitar neck. And thanks to the Modal Freedom Key™, you'll be able to play any "mood", anywhere on your guitar neck, starting from any string, and even change moods on the fly. All without thinking. How? The Modal Freedom Key™ gives you one, convenient 7-string pattern that tells you EXACTLY what to play, at any fret or string on the guitar neck, which makes it nearly impossible to feel lost. Instead, you'll always know what notes to play, and which "mood" you want to hear at any given time. ($135 Value)
Here's What Students Are Saying About What's Inside The Program